NPRA has introduced a visa specifically for spectators wishing to attend the F1 Grand Prix event at Bahrain International Circuit. This visa can be obtained either through this website or on arrival in Bahrain.
Photographers, journalists and team members and other officials associated with the F1 Grand Prix event should contact Bahrain International Circuit to arrange a visa.
The F1 Grand Prix visa is open to certain nationalities, subject to the following conditions:
- Your entry must not violate the security and national welfare of Bahrain.
- Visa is not valid for entry until 02 April 2017. You cannot use the visa to enter Bahrain before this date.
- Visa is valid until 16 April 2017. You cannot use the visa to enter Bahrain after this date.
- You must not take up paid employment during your visit to Bahrain.
- You must be able to support yourself (and any dependents) during the visit.
- Passport must be valid for length of time you will be in Bahrain.
- You must have valid tickets (or proof of purchase) to the Formula 1 Grand Prix events.
- Visitor must have a valid confirmed onward ticket to leave Bahrain.
- The visa can be used for multiple entries to Bahrain.
- You can stay a total of 2 weeks in Bahrain.
- This visa cannot be extended.
Important Notes for online applications:
- Holding a visa does not guarantee you entry to the Kingdom of Bahrain. You must meet all of the conditions on arrival to be granted entry, at the discretion of an Immigration Officer.
- You cannot apply online if you have endorsees on your passport and the endorsees are travelling with you.
How long does it take?
Approval of an application is not given immediately. Processing applications will take approximately 3-5 working days. We will advise you by email when a decision has been made.
How much does it cost?
NPRA will issue F1 visas free of charge
Do I have to print anything?
The electronic visa does not require a stamp in your passport prior to travel.
Once your application is approved, you can print a copy of the approval to carry with you when you travel, but this is not strictly necessary. When you arrive in Bahrain, your electronic visa will be accessible to the passport officer who greets you.
Am I eligible?
You can find out if you are eligible for an F1 visa by pressing the button Apply for eVisa, and answering three simple questions about your nationality, purpose of visit, and current place of residence.
How do I apply?
Press the button Apply for eVisa and follow the instructions.
What if my application is not approved?
If your application is not approved, please contact NPRA or the nearest Bahrain embassy.
What if I am not eligible for an F1 visa?
Certain nationalities are not eligible for the unsponsored F1 visa. If you are in this category, you can contact an airline, travel agent or hotel in Bahrain to obtain a sponsored F1 visa.
Dependents endorsed in your passport?
If you intend to travel to Bahrain with dependents who are endorsed in your passport, we regret that you cannot apply for this visa online.
If you have any questions please contact us using details shown on the Contacts page.